Independent testing has proven these bulbs to be one of the two top full-spectrum fluorescents on the market! During testing these bulbs consistently proved to have one of the highest levels available of both UVB (6.1%) and UVA (30%) wavelength.
UVB wavelength prevents and can help reverse Metabolic Bone Disease in captive reptiles. Additionally, UVB will strengthen reptile bones and improve shell growth on all captive turtles and tortoises. UVA wavelength increases appetite, activity and helps induce reproductive behavior in captive reptiles.IMPORTANT!
- If your reptile is going to be further than 8 inches from the Reptisun bulb than please use the Reptisun 10.0 High Output Light Series.
- All UVB fluorescents should be replaced every 6 to 8 months in order to keep proper UV levels.
- The choice of prominent zoos and leading breeders all over the world.
- UVA/UVB Bulbs are a "must have" for all lizards (Iguanas, Bearded Dragons, Chameleons, etc.), tortoises and turtles.
- Compact style 5.0 bulb simply screws into a normal threaded socket but should be used in horizontally mounted sockets.
- Any other brand fluorescent UV bulb besides the Reptisun or Sunblast bulb is in our opinion a mistake that could cause serious potential health issues for your reptile.