Veiled Chameleons (6-8")
Veiled Chameleons are the most commonly bred and kept species in its genus. Their large size and beauty are among the traits that make them a popular choice of reptile enthusiasts.
- Available sizes - Captive Bred - approximately 2 to 3 inches; 4 to 5 inches; 6 to 8 inches or 9 to 11 inches; and Wild Caught at approximately 12+ inches. Reaches full adult size of 12 to 20 inches in approximately 10 months.
- Lives approximately 5 years in captivity.
- Chameleons tend to be on the nervous side but the Veiled is a hardy species.
- Great for older kids (supervised) and adults will enjoy the tranquility and beauty of this species.
- Careful handling is a must - chameleons can become easily stressed and even damaged if not handled correctly.
- Unless otherwise noted, picture and video shown are a representation of this animal. As this is a live animal, there will be aesthetic variations.
Requirements – Don’t check out without them!
- Housing: Proper setup is absolutely critical. A 65 gallon reptarium is fine for babies and juveniles but adults 15 inches and larger will need at least a 175 gallon reptarium or similar enclosure.
- Food: Main staple diet of crickets, mealworms, giant mealworms, superworms and waxworms are easily obtained.
- Water: Provide drinking water and a humid habitat (50%) with mister or fogger. Chameleons drink from leaves and fountains; babies and juveniles should be misted twice daily.
- Heat: Ceramic emitter and basking spot to create a gradient of 75 to 90 degrees F; basking spot of 90 to 100 degrees F.
- Lighting: UV lighting required.
- See Care Sheet for complete details.