Hypo Pastel Red Tail Boas (Captive Bred Babies)
OUT OF STOCK!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our list!
Red Tail Boas have been a favorite of snake keepers for many years but please note a cute little 3 ounce 20 inch hatchling will be a whopping 4 to 5 feet within a year!
- Captive Bred Red Tail Boas (as opposed to wild caught) are usually quite tame and docile making them a popular snake. At Big Apple Pet Supply, we carry only Captive Bred Red Tail Boas.
- CAUTION: The decision to own a snake that becomes very large needs to be made carefully. Boas are NOT for children as they eventually become large snakes. Boas handle beautifully but snakes over 6 feet should NEVER be handled without another person present.
- Approximate sizes: Babies - 14 to 22 inches; first year - 4 to 5 feet; second year - 6 to 8 feet; full grown - 6 to 10 feet. Reaches full adult size in approximately 48 months.
- Sturdy and long lived - typically up to 30 years in captivity.
- Boas adapt well to handling if consistently handled.
- Unless otherwise noted, picture and video shown are a representation of this animal. As this is a live animal, there will be aesthetic variations.
Requirements – Don’t check out without them!
- Housing: Enclosure as small as 20 gallon (30" x 12" x 12"H) for babies and juveniles but will require larger housing within a year. Adults require 72" x 24" x 24"H to 48" x 24" x 48"H. No cage is too big!
- Food: Main staple diet of mice, rats and rabbits are easily obtained.
- Water: Large bowl for soaking - not so big that your snake cannot easily get out of the bowl!
- Heat: Heat mat and ceramic emitter to create a thermal gradient from warm side (90 Deg. F) to cool side (80 Deg. F).
- See Care Sheet for complete details.