Ball Pythons are much loved for their incredible well-mannered nature and ease in handling. A wide variety of colors and patterns are available.
- Captive Bred Ball Pythons (as opposed to wild caught) have superb temperaments; they almost never bite but will roll into a ball when threatened. At Big Apple Pet Supply, we carry only Captive Bred Ball Pythons.
- Phenomenal snake species for kids (supervised) and always enjoyed by adults.
- Sturdy and long lived - more than 30 years in captivity (oldest recorded at more than 48 years old!)
- Reaches full adult size of 4 to 5 feet in approximately 36 months.
- Unless otherwise noted, picture and video shown are a representation of this animal. As this is a live animal, there will be aesthetic variations.
Requirements – Don’t check out without them!
- Housing: 20 gallon (30" x 12" x 12"H) to 70 gallon (36" x 18" x 25"H) enclosure.
- Food: Main staple diet of mice and rats are easily obtained.
- Water: Large bowl for soaking - not so big that your snake cannot easily get out of the bowl!
- Heat: Heat mat and ceramic emitter to create a thermal gradient from warm side (86 Deg. F) to cool side (78 Deg. F).
- See Care Sheet for complete details.