Jackson's Chameleons (FEMALES)
Among the most popular chameleons kept as pets today, Jackson’s Chameleons are a good choice for chameleon hobbyist beginners and more experienced reptile keepers.
- Approximate sizes: Field collected - 4 to 11 inches. Reaches full adult size of 8 to 12 inches in approximately 12 months.
- Long lived – 8 to 10 years in captivity.
- Males will develop characteristic "horns". All sales are for males unless otherwise requested.
- Moderately active and docile in nature.
- Gentle handling is fine once acclimated to being touched by its owner.
- Unless otherwise noted, picture and video shown are a representation of this animal. As this is a live animal, there will be aesthetic variations.
Requirements – Don’t check out without them!
- Housing: Arboreal enclosure of 18" x 18" x 36"H or 18" x 18" x 48"H. House only one chameleon in each enclosure. Must have branches and vines for climbing/perching.
- Food: Main staple diet of crickets and mealworms are easily obtained.
- Water: Provide drinking water and a humid habitat (50%) with mister or fogger. Chameleons drink from leaves and fountains.
- Heat: Ceramic emitter and basking spot to create a gradient of 75 to 83 degrees F; nighttime temperature of about 60 degrees F, and basking spot of 84 to 87 degrees F.
- Lighting: UV lighting required.
- See Care Sheet for complete details.