Hypo Bearded Dragons (Captive Bred Babies)
Bearded Dragons are the #1 selling reptile for good reason - they are ideal as a pet for children and everyone in the family. It’s not unusual to hear accounts of true bonding between pet owners and dragons!
- Captive Bred Bearded Dragons (as opposed to wild caught) tend to be docile and gentle natured. At Big Apple Pet Supply, we carry only Captive Bred Bearded Dragons.
- Approximate sizes: Babies - 4 to 5 inches; juveniles - 6 to 10 inches; subadults - 11 to 16 inches; adults - 17 to 24 inches. Reaches full adult size in approximately 18 months.
- Sturdy and long lived - typically 10 years in captivity.
- Curious and attentive to everything around them, most owners confirm their dragons have individual personalities!
- Easy to handle; ideal for children.
- Unless otherwise noted, picture and video shown are a representation of this animal. As this is a live animal, there will be aesthetic variations.
- Click here to choose male or female, if not already indicated.
Requirements – Don’t check out without them!
- Housing: 40 gallon (36" x 18" x 13"H) up to 90 gallon (48" x 18" x 25"H) enclosure.
- Food: Main staple diet of crickets, mealworms, giant mealworms, super worms and waxworms are easily obtained.
- Water: Should be made available three to four times a week by way of a bath in a water container.
- Heat: Heat mat and ceramic emitter to create a thermal gradient from warm side (86 Deg. F) to cool side (78 Deg. F).
- Lighting: UV lighting required.
- See Care Sheet for complete details.