Big Apple Standard Acrylic Sumps
Sumps are practically a must in reef systems and most hobbyists find that sumps are extremely beneficial in fish only setups, as well. Big Apple's extensive line of Custom Acrylic Sumps will make the perfect sump for your fish, turtle or reef system.
Sumps are basically a water reservoir which is at a lower level than that of the tank. Gravity causes the water to drain from your aquarium into the sump tank where a pump is utilized to move the water from the sump back to the aquarium. This continuous flow of water through the sump produces a number of advantages over non-sump systems.IMPORTANT!
- Read our Aquarium Warranty
- Screen top, decorations, fixtures, stand and canopy are sold separately.
- This is a custom built item - Current production time is 5 to 15 business days.
- Average delivery time is 5 to 10 business days.
- All sizes are approximate.
- Acrylic Cages are non-returnable.
- Made from the same high quality Acrylic Aquariums that we sell but with special modifications designed to enhance the sump's productivity.
- 4 baffles and 1 egg crate partition with multi supports.
- The standard positioning that appears in our picture or we can produce an acrylic sump to your exact specifications.
- All our Acrylic Sump Tanks are professionally packaged including crating, Styrofoam and extra thick triple walled corrugated boxing
- The substantial additional water volume creates a healthier aquarium by enabling dilution of organic and inorganic compounds created in the main tank, such as; nitrates, organic acids, etc. Essentially, a 100 gallon tank with a 75 gallon sump has more water in it then a 200 gallon system, but will typically only have the same nitrate production level, calcium consumption rate, etc. as a 100 gallon aquarium
- Increased temperature stability while lowering the depletion rate of major and minor elements
- Elimination of surface scum by skimming the water surface, sumps keep the water crystal clear
- Improved oxygenation occurs when water drains into your sump mixing air into the water, this allows the beneficial gas exchange of releasing Carbon Dioxide and adding fresh Oxygen
- Added circulation from the returning sump water is a great way to move water in your tank. In fact, instead of more power heads, the return outlets from the sump can be directed to create additional flow
- Hiding your equipment is another big incentive for using a sump, who needs to see ugly heaters, protein skimmers, ph and monitor probes, filters, top-off systems, dosing pumps, etc. in your display aquarium
- Consistent water level is maintained in the display aquarium since any evaporation that does occur will lower the sump water level and not the aquarium level. Sumps even allow auto top-off systems to be installed
- Provides a safe place to add additives: chemicals are well diluted before they reach any of the inhabitants of your aquarium
- Enables work to be done on the tank without disruption to the inhabitants. Even water changes can be accomplished via the sump. The benefits to this are the circulation can remain active plus the water level will not change in the main tank
Sizes - Shipped via Truckline - Additional Freight Charges Apply:
- 27 Gallon 36”L x 12.75”W x 13 “H
- 29 Gallon 30”L x 12.5”W x 17”H
- 33 Gallon 48”L x 12.75”W x 13”H
- 38 Gallon 36”L x 12.75”W x 17”H
- 40 Gallon 36”L x 18”W x 13”H
- 45 Gallon 48”L x 12.75”W x 17”H
- 50 Gallon 48”L x 18”W x 13”H
- 50 Gallon TALL 36”L x 18”W x 17”H
- 55 Gallon 48”L x 12.5”W x 21”H
- 65 Gallon 36”L x 24”W x 17”H
- 65 Gallon LONG 48”L x 18”W x 17”H
- 70 Gallon 48”L x 24”W x 13”H
- 75 Gallon 72”L x 18”W x 13”H
- 90 Gallon 48”L x 18”W x 24”H
- 95 Gallon 48”L x 24”W x 17”H
- 100 Gallon 72”L x 18”W x 17”H
- 100 Gallon WIDE 72”L x 24”W x 13”H
- Custom holes
- Size and location of egg crate partition or number
- Height and location of baffles
- Contact Sales@BigApplePetSupply.com with custom requests